Sunday 3 October 2010

Random football tops


Most Ghanaians support one of the devilsome duo of Chelsea or Man Utd. However, my heart leapt with joy at the sight of a bicycling local man in a circa 2006 Jambos top. Unfortunately I have no photographic evidence of this yet.
Lovers of Gaelic football will be dismayed by this photo of kenti weaver Kofi of Cape Coast, clearly led astray by a bogman from south-west Ireland. I informed him of the error of his ways. Evin – a consignment of Dubs tops would be a worthwhile investment…

4 comments:

  1. Mully,

    Enjoying the updates. Perhaps you could find out if the use of phrase below (see link) has managed to make its way west from Nigeria. If not, I think you should attempt to have a Scottish football related phrase of your choice entered into Ghanaian parlance by the time of your departure?

    http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/dundee-united/173251-dundee-united-is-nigerian-slang-for-idiot/

    Cheers

    Junior

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought 'Dundee Utd' was slang for 'idiot' in every country? I'll work on 'sick as a parrot' being incorporated as the standard Twi for disappointment. Other suggestions on a postcard please...
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yerra, the man's a feckin legend. Did you know the Ghanaian for "I wish I had my Cork hammer"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the bleedin' hell!!!
    This poor guy has been led astray badly!
    Dismayed isn't even the half of it!

    loving the blog though Andy & Lucy, keep it up!

    Evin

    ReplyDelete